HOTEL (N. An establishment providing accommodation, meals, and other services for travellers and tourists.)
A list of things which may be found in the Hotel:
- An understanding and appreciation for Fantasy Literature. Also Literary Literature. Also Literature.
- Little articles about writing, which the author, being too big for his boots already, thinks are worth your time. HA!
- Self-deprecation in spades.
- The occasional attempt to motivate the budding writer – despite the author being positively un-budded and still, most probably, at the seedling stage of his career.
- More self-deprecation due to the author’s nagging insecurities and desperate need for validation + love.
- At least one article on Triangles, Vampires, and, soon, Maps.
- More ill-got writing advice.
- Short stories, which are, all told, not that bad. Also, lengthy extracts from works unfinished. There’s also, an advert for an actual book.
- A nagging sense of unease.
The Hotel is a literary blog which features stories, essays and the occasional novella. The author is Robert Blackman. This is his home, his hotel.
To read something by the author head here.
*The author read David Foster Wallace once, when impressionable, and liked it. Now there’s this awful residue where he feels the need to plunge to the bottom of the page and quip, quip, quip.